How to Install McAfee Antivirus on Your PC or Mac?
McAfee Internet security is a complete online and virus protection suite supported by McAfee. It is available free of charge. If you have already purchased McAfee antivirus from your favorite store or online business, we can help you to install McAfee on your PC. However, before we embark on the installation process, there some few points that you need to understand.
Must do steps before Installing McAfee antivirus.
If you have an antivirus installed on your computer. Be it McAfee old version or any other antivirus, then you might run into more problems. To avoid having a slow computer or no internet, you need to:
- Remove any other older versions of McAfee installed on your PC. Even if you are having an expired version.
- If you had any other antivirus, do not just uninstall it from the control panel. Try using software removal software to ensure that everything is removed.
- For instance, you can download the removal tool from their official website. Additionally, you can use a tool such as Ccleaner or Revo uninstaller to remove the unwanted programs.
- After the above steps, restart your computer.
- You are now ready to install McAfee.
To Activate your McAfee Retail Card kindly visit www.mcafee.com/activate.
Before you install McAfee on your computer, ensure that your computer meets the following requirements for better performance. Windows requirement windows 7/8/8.1 or Windows 10. Additionally, you must have an internet connection and a minimum RAM of 2 GB.
To install McAfee Internet security, head to myaccount.shaw.ca and follow the below-highlighted steps.
- From the left menu, click on Internet and then select Free Download in the McAfee Internet Security section.
- If you have already registered for the McAfee Internet security then the section will be labeled Re-download.
- If not registered, click on the free download link and it will expand the McAfee Internet Security subscription window and enter your details. The information required includes first name, last name and email address.
- Once done, click on the subscription button on the subscription confirmation window, click on the download button to download McAfee Internet Security.
- Next, you will be redirected to the McAfee website to continue installation. From the window that opens, click the red Download button.
- Note: If you get a system error message, “A system error has occurred. Please try again,” then you need to restart your browser.
- Next, you will be prompted to accept a user agreement for the McAfee software. You can choose to either read the license agreement on screen or print it.
- Copy the serial number provided and then click Download to continue.
- Note: The serial number that appears on the screen is only available for a short period. Furthermore, it is distinct from your installation.
- Follow the onscreen instructions after download to begin the installation of McAfee Internet Security on your PC.
- McAfee will scan your PC for any potential threats. Once the process is complete, you will be prompted to enter the serial number you obtained in step. Enter the numbers and click next.
- When the download is complete, you will be prompted to choose the type of installation that you want. For a thorough coverage, choose a complete installation.
- If in any case, you have Shaw Secure- Powered by the F-Secure program installed on your PC, McAfee Internet Security will automatically detect it and remove it for you. The process requires a computer restart, once done, the installation process will continue automatically.
- The installation process will continue and you will be asked if you would wish to participate in improving the product by sending anonymous usage information. Choosing to participate in this program is voluntary. If you do not wish to do so, uncheck the box and click next.
- If all goes well, you should have installation complete window appear as a confirmation that the process was completed successfully.
- Next, click on Finish.
- McAfee Internet Security main menu will now be accessible on the lower right corner of your screen.